Key Takeaways and Outlook for 2022
Like so many things in 2021, a few long-awaited copyright developments have spilled into 2022, with anticipated amendments to key provisions in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act topping the list of legislation to watch.
The key issues we are tracking include the following:
- Proposed Changes to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- The Fair Use Doctrine in Light of Google LLC v. Oracle America, Inc.
- Transformativeness in Fair Use under The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. v. Goldsmith
- Unicolors and H&M Hennes & Mauritz Face Off in SCOTUS Infringement Dispute
- Copyright Alternative in Small-Claims Enforcement Act: A Venue and a Less-Complex Process in Sight in 2022